Work with Gaelic
We have a particular specialism in carrying out social research associated with Gaelic and the communities, bodies and organisations who speak and use Gaelic on a daily basis.
Our remit is often bring a fresh, independent and impartial view to the wider picture. Underpinned by robust research findings our work helps those delivering services in Gaelic to make evidence based decisions.
Recent work has included:
- Evaluations of particular services, organisations and bodies which deliver their services in Gaelic or to Gaelic speaking communities.
- Assessments of Demand for apprenticeships tailored for Gaelic speakers
- Evaluations of public bodies’ commitments to Gaelic through their Gaelic Language Plans
- Assessments of Demand for Gaelic Medium Education in a) a major Scottish city and b) more widely across Scotland
- Assessments of Demand for a) Gaelic translation and b) services to support Gaelic translation and translators.